Mulhalls Appliance Repairs – our professional and friendly appliance repairs service covers Kilkenny, Carlow, Laois and Waterford. Visit our website https://www.mulhallsrepairs.com/ or ring Ross on 089 – 2050670.
It’s back to school time which means it is back to never-ending piles of school uniforms and tracksuits clogging up utility rooms across the country. With our inclement climate it is tempting to stuff our kids’ uniforms into the tumble dryer but do you realise that your dryer may be a potential fire hazard? Each year the Irish Fire Brigade Service respond to hundreds of home fires caused by tumble dryers. In order to prevent this happening to your dryer there are five easy steps you can follow:
- The build-up of lint is one of the common causes of tumble dryer fires so make sure to clean the lint filter regularly.
- Do not cover any vent or openings on the machine.
- Clean behind the dryer and underneath it to prevent fluff build-up.
- This is a hard tip to follow but please try avoiding using the dryer while sleeping or when away from home.
- Clean the dryer regularly with a damp cloth. If you have a condenser model the machine’s heat exchangers need to be cleaned at least five times a year.
These simple steps may not guarantee that you will stay on top of your washing but they will protect you and your family from a tumble dryer fire.
If you are experiencing problems with any of your appliances don’t’ delay – contact Mulhalls Appliance Repairs straight away for a quick and reliable service and repair service. We will assess your appliance problem and provide a diagnosis over the phone for FREE! When we call out to your house or business, we always come prepared with the parts you need – there is no waiting around. Best of all, we successfully fix 90% of all appliances! Where else would you get a better service?